So healthy and delicious, this Mediterranean Salad comes together in literally 10 minutes flat. It is perfect as a light meal or will accompany just about any main dish!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I had some fresh baby spinach leftover from making this Turkey Sausage Spaghetti this weekend and didn’t want it to go to waste… my goodness I’m so glad I made this!
This recipe yields enough for 2 hearty salads to eat as a meal or 4 smaller side salads to accompany your main dish.
You can pretty much use any type of salad green(s) you want in this recipe. I just chose to use spinach since I had half a bag left over sitting in my fridge waiting to be eaten.
The dressing literally takes a minute to whip together. Your simple ingredients are: Olive oil, red wine vinegar, freshly minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. This recipe yields around 1/4 cup of dressing and was sufficient for coating all the veggies. If you’re a heavy dressing kind of person, adjust the dressing ingredients to your liking to yield more dressing.
And I can totally deal with a 10-minute meal these days (hey that rhymed!).
My senior rescue dog has been having one heck of a time with eye ulcers and I’ve been having to take her to the vet on a weekly basis for MONTHS for checkups/surgery/etc. Last week we took a little 4-hour road trip to an eye specialist that we were referred to and guess what?! They said her eye had completely healed. THANK GOD.
I took this pic not too long after that so I can always remember how awesome her eye looks after all of this. Fingers crossed another ulcer doesn’t come back!
I ate a big bowl of this salad for lunch and tonight am eating another serving with an amazing Easy Tomato Soup that I made over the weekend (recipe coming soon!). Enjoy!
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2-1/2 cups tightly packed salad greens (I used spinach)
- ½ cup sliced black olives (about a small can of sliced black olives, drained)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers, cut into half moons (1 small cucumber or about half of an English cucumber)
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together all of the salad ingredients. Drizzle with the dressing and toss again to evenly coat the vegetables with dressing.