This healthy and insanely delicious Loaded Avocado Toast can be thrown together in just a few minutes with ingredients you probably already have on hand!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Well, I called it healthy but it does have a little bacon. But bacon’s supposed to make everything better, right?! 🙂
I don’t eat nearly as healthy as I should, so I’ll make up for it every once-in-a-while and eat a huge salad or something like this avocado toast. I’ve been realllly bad here lately eating out. I work from home all day so it’s nice to have interaction with PEOPLE (I’m a people person!). So I’ll go out a few times a week and on the weekends to different restaurants. Last week I had crab dip, wings, pizza and a fried oyster burger. I also ate these Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders and Barbecue Chicken Nachos. Oh mercy. Time to hit the gym again after reading that!
I bought an avocado at the grocery store a few days ago because they were on sale and had no clue what I was going to do with it (besides eat it plain). I woke up hungry and threw this together with ingredients I already had. While I was making it, I remembered travelling to the Dominican Republic years ago and all of the fresh avocados I ate there. It brought back awesome memories of kite surfing with friends and all of the awesome FOOD I got to experience!
I used French bread and 1 large avocado was enough for 6 slices. I’m not going to list a specific amount of the toppings because the choice is up to you of how much of each ingredient you want. Happy toastin’! 🙂
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Toasted French Bread slices (or bread of your choice)
- Seeded and diced Roma tomatoes
- Thinly sliced or chopped red onions
- Fully cooked bacon pieces
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh chopped rosemary
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado flesh into a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and sea salt. Mash with a fork to desired consistency.
- Spread on toast and add desired amounts of tomatoes, red onions, bacon, cheese and rosemary.