Some things are just meant to be together… you know, like peas and carrots? I believe in fate. Sweeet pumpkin spice flavors and ginger come together in these delicious Kahlùa Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I’ve recently been on the pumpkin bandwagon, loving everything “pumpkin” that I see online. I can’t help it.
I was literally just getting prepared to make a recipe for Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies that I stumbled upon while visiting one of my favorite food blogs, Two Peas & Their Pod.
Then the delivery guy shows up with a glorious box containing Kahlúa’s newest Pumpkin Spice Liqueur.
Gosh don’t I love that man… I think he might have sensed my admiration, but it was really about what was in the box he was carrying. Sorry, Mr. Delivery Guy. You were kinda cute, though.
Y’all know where I’m going with this… I’m getting ready to work on a big project for Kahlúa mixin’ up some awesome cocktails. To say I’m excited is an understatement!
Back to the cookies: Coincidence that my bottle of Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice should arrive right before baking my cookies?
I think not. Like I said earlier: I believe in fate.
These cookies scream all that is about fall and pumpkin season. They’re soft and chewy on the inside, and just a tad crispy on the outside. Perfect for dunking in a big ‘ole glass of milk.
One thing to note is that you can work with the batter much better if you refrigerate it for a few hours before forming the “balls” for the cookies. I cheated and placed my bowl of batter in the freezer for about 20 minutes, that worked just fine.
You’ll place the cookie balls on parchment paper and flatten them with the bottom of a glass dipped in water.
They bake up so perfectly and the taste is… well, phenomenal. Cheers to a snackie! 🙂
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. Product was provided to me for an upcoming sponsored collaboration with Kahlúa.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
- 2-1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the granulated sugar and ground ginger on a plate. Mix with a fork until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add pumpkin, molasses, egg, vanilla and Kahlua, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Scrape sides of bowl.
- In a medium bowl, blend the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt with a whisk.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour, or place in the freezer for 20-25 minutes.
- Form dough into balls and roll in sugar mixture. Place at least 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on a baking sheet for approximately 3 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack.