Today I’m sharing an incredibly easy and mouthwatering recipe: Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
What a weekend and such a great 4th of July! I hope everyone enjoyed theirs, too. I think we did way too much celebrating but there’s just so much to celebrate right now!
So I’m playing catch-up from the holiday and what better way to save time than with this delicious shrimp recipe that comes together in under 30 minutes? And that’s with them marinating for 15 minutes, too!
That marinade is just heavenly. I use about 2/3 of the mixture to marinate the shrimp in, then add the remaining marinade at the end of cooking the shrimp. You’re definitely gonna need some crusty French bread to soak up some of that good stuff!
Another reason I love quick and easy recipes is that there’s been so much going on, I’ve really noticed a difference in my time and work schedule. Just 2 more weeks until we move into the new house and so much going on but it’s a good thing. I’ve started saving boxes and am thinking about packing a few things up, but I need a lot of my things at home for work. So I guess it will be last-minute just like everything else.
I’ll be taking off a week or two after July 20th to move and get settled, but after that be prepared for lots more easy family-friendly recipes coming your way!
I hope you enjoy these shrimp as much as I do. If you’re a shrimp lover you can view all of my shrimp recipes here. Enjoy!Print
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- Optional sesame seeds and chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger powder and lemon juice in a small bowl. Place the shrimp in a resealable bag and pour about 2/3 of the marinade in the bag. Refrigerate for a minimum of 15 minutes up to a few hours (refrigerate reserved 1/3 of marinade as well).
- Remove shrimp from marinade and discard used marinade. Heat butter in a skillet over medium high heat and add shrimp. Cook, stirring often, until shrimp are pink on both sides (about 3-4 minutes depending on size of shrimp). Add reserved marinade and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and/or chopped parsley, if desired.