With all the recent chaos going on ’round here, I’ve been needing to eat some serious comfort food with minimal thought or time involved… so here’s a casserole that your whole family will love. You can throw this together without even thinking about what you’re doing (almost) in about an hour: Easy Pizza Casserole.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
That’s what I’m talkin’ about. If you’ve been following me on Facebook you know my dog (child) of 12+ years is in late stage kidney cancer. I’ve been up all hours of the night with him and barely get any sleep when I’m on mama duty so it’s really hard to pay attention to what I’m doing. I’ve been putting milk in the cabinet and crap like that.
And I’d do it for a million years if I had to…
This pizza casserole hits the spot when you’re craving a comforting casserole that is soooo easy to throw together! It’s basically browning some ground beef and onions, then throwing it all together with pepperoni, cooked pasta (I used ziti because it was on sale), pizza sauce, cheese, canned black olives and mushrooms.
It’s so easy to prepare, you can drink a
bottle glass 🙂 of wine while you’re throwing this awesome casserole together like a rock star. CHEERS!
What’s your favorite “go-to” comfort food?
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 8 ounces pasta (I used ziti), prepared according to package directions and drained
- 8 ounces (2 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded (reserve ¼ cup for topping)
- 1 (3-1/2 ounce) package sliced pepperoni, sliced in half or quarters
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (3.8 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, brown ground beef and onions until meat is no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients to beef/onion mixture and stir well to combine (reserve ¼ cup of the shredded cheese for topping).
- Transfer to a 2-quart casserole dish that has been greased or sprayed with cooking spray. Top with ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake (uncovered) for approximately 40 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.