There’s nothing I love more than a quick and easy recipe that tastes amazingly DELICIOUS… just like these Easy Blueberry Danish that are made using canned biscuits!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I’ve been so good this week with running and eating pretty decently, so I treated myself and splurged a little with a couple of these amazing little danish.
I think you should suprise Mom with these for Mother’s Day brunch or dessert! She’ll never know how long it DIDN’T take you to make them. 🙂
Your simple ingredients are flaky large canned biscuits, cream cheese, powdered sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and blueberry pie filling. You’re only going to need about half of the can of blueberry pie filling. Save it for later or double the other ingredients to make 2 batches! You can also substitute cherry or any other pie filling in place of blueberry.
Using a serrated knife, gently slice each biscuit in half lengthwise so that you have 10 pieces of round dough.
Cover the bottom of a glass with powdered sugar and press the glass on top of the biscuits to form an indention. If you don’t do this, your cream cheese mixture and blueberry filling will slide off of the dough while it’s baking.
Then spread cream cheese mixture inside the indentions of the biscuits and top with blueberry pie filling. Easy peasy!
The glaze is a simple mixture of powdered sugar and water.
Oh how I was looking forward to this moment when I got to bite into one. It’s amazing how something so simple can taste so good!
Enjoy and happy bakin’! 🙂
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10.2-ounce) package Pillsbury Grands Flaky Biscuits (5 biscuits)
- ⅛ cup powdered sugar (for coating bottom of glass)
- 1 (21-ounce) can blueberry pie filling (or any other fruit pie filling)
- ½ cup powdered sugar and
- 1 tablespoon water or milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and set aside.
- Using a serrated knife, slice biscuits in half lengthwise and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Dip bottom of glass in powdered sugar and place on each biscuit to form an indention. Dip in powdered sugar for each biscuit so the glass won't stick to the dough.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into dough first, then top with blueberry pie filling (you'll use about half of the can of pie filling).
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While danish are baking, prepare glaze by stirring powdered sugar and water (or milk) until smooth.
- Cool danish on a wire rack and drizzle with glaze. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.