I was recently asked by the J.M. Smucker company to participate in #MixUpAMoment by creating an easy spring recipe with Pillsbury ™ cake mix and icing. I’ve never considered myself a talented decorator of cupcakes, but these Easter Chicks Cupcakes are so cute and easy to decorate, you can’t go wrong!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I can’t believe Easter is just around the corner… I normally go to my mama’s and bring a dessert and/or a side dish. She always cooks a SPREAD and I look forward to it every year!
This is last Easter at my parent’s house with Mama. They had just moved into their new home and we were so excited to be having our first holiday dinner there. I’ll be bringing these cupcakes for one of our desserts this year!
These are soooo easy to make! All you’re going to need for the decorating is Pillsbury ™ Vanilla Icing, coconut, yellow food coloring, chocolate chips and orange gumdrops.
Simply frost the cupcakes – I used a butter knife to frost because the frosting doesn’t have to be fancy since you’re going to top it with colored coconut.
Once I topped the icing with the colored coconut, I placed the chocolate chips upside-down on the cupcakes and sliced the orange gumdrops in the shape of a little triangle for the “nose”. 🙂 Using yellow cupcake liners helps to make them look even more like little chicks (but not required!).
I always stock up on Pillsbury ™ mixes while at Walmart. They’re affordable and I always have them on hand if I need (or want!) something sweet in a hurry without a lot of hassle.
What are your Easter traditions and how to you #MixUpAMoment with your family? I can’t wait to take these cupcakes to my mama’s. They’re so fun to decorate, I’ll probably wait to decorate them with her when I get there. 🙂
Discover more ways to #MixUpAMoment by visiting Pillsbury’s Pinterest board for more inspiring recipes. You can also earn cash back on Pillsbury™ Frosting, Cookie Mix, Cake Mix or Brownie Mix by visiting Ibotta.
Happy Easter to you and your loved ones! xoxo
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Cake Mix flavor of your choice (I used devil's food cake)
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Vanilla Frosting
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- Yellow food coloring
- 48 chocolate chips
- Orange gum drops, sliced in the shape of 24 triangles (number of gum drops needed depends on their size)
- Prepare cupcakes according to package directions and allow to cool completely.
- Place shredded coconut in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Add 8-9 drops yellow food coloring. Seal bag and shake to mix and evenly distribute food coloring.
- Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Top with colored coconut. Place chocolate chips upside-down on cupcakes for the eyes and sliced orange gumdrops for the noses.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.