This hearty Crock Pot Beefy Black Bean Chili is a definite must-make for game day or an easy weeknight dinner!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I love chili and the possibilities are pretty much endless when it comes to chili recipes. What I love even better is throwing everything in my slow cooker and letting it do the work while I do mine!
Speaking of work, I hoped to have this super-cool video of this recipe for you guys today but I had a major video fail (that happens sometimes, right?!).
So instead, I made you this cool GIF. Load this chili up with your favorite toppings for the ultimate hearty and beefy chili! I’ll probably make a pot of this chili for my upcoming annual fish stew party for those that may not like fish stew (is that humanly possible?).
I look forward to this party every year and have like 40 people coming to my tiny 800 square foot house in a few weeks! I cook the stew in a huge pot outside and luckily have a decent sized yard to accommodate. My dog Baby enjoys all of the company, too!
Soup season is in full effect so put this chili on your must-make list!
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is browned and no longer pink. Drain in a colander.
- Place drained meat mixture in your slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.