There is nothing more refreshing to me in the summer than a big bowl of sliced cucumbers straight from the garden. My neighbors recently blessed me again with a gigantic bag of cucumbers. I went to a little cookout at my friend’s house recently and I brought this Creamy Cucumber Salad.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
And of course there were some fresh herbs from my little herb garden involved. 🙂
When my basil starts to bloom I know I need to do something with it or it won’t keep growing… the flowers from herbs are so beautiful! Sometimes I’ll just put the herb flowers in a vase to enjoy them.
My Mom saw the photo and asked if the dressing was a ranch dressing…it is actually a simple sour cream mixture with vinegar, salt, pepper and fresh herbs. Add some love to your cucumbers and try this recipe… it was a welcomed change to plain cucumbers and vinegar!
- 4 cups thinly sliced cucumbers (about 4 cucumbers)
- 1-1/3 cup sour cream
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- ½ cup sliced red onions
- 1-1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk sour cream, water, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth. Add dill and basil. Stir until combined.
- Add sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and onions to sour cream mixture. Stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a covered container to allow flavors to mingle.