- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 24 medium-sized clams, shucked
- Cracker meal, made from crushing about 8 saltine crackers in a resealable bag with a rolling pin
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices fully cooked bacon, each slice cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine melted butter and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Loosen the meat from the bottom shell of each clam. Place clams open-faced on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the clams evenly with the cracker meal, then evenly dab each clam with the butter garlic mixture.
- Top with a small slice of the Swiss cheese that has been cut to the size of the clam. Place cooked bacon slices over the Swiss cheese.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes, or until the clams are fully cooked and cheese is bubbly and hot.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Adapted from The Outer Banks Cookbook
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, eggs or unpasteurized milk may increase your risk of foodborne illness.