If you’re on a low carb diet (or just want to eat healthier)… you’ve GOTTA try this Cauliflower Pizza Crust!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
It is fairly simple to prepare and you can’t taste any cauliflower in it (I didn’t anyway).
I like to bake my cauliflower pizza crust in a cast iron skillet… I’ve used a 9-inch skillet and a 10-1/2 inch skillet using this same recipe. Obviously the 10-1/2 inch skillet yielded a thinner crust. I tried to use a 12-inch round pizza pan and there was not enough of the cauliflower “dough” to spread the entire perimeter of the pan, so I’d recommend using a 9-inch round pizza pan, a 9-inch cast iron skillet or a 10-1/2 inch cast iron skillet for a thinner crust.
You’ll bake your crust until golden brown, then add your desired amount of sauce and toppings and broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly. If you need some inspiration, I’ve made this Veggie Cauliflower Crust Pizza with black olives, mushrooms and red onions and this Summer Veggie Cauliflower Crust Pizza with zucchini, mushrooms, red peppers and yellow onions. I originally saw this recipe on RecipeGirl.com and Lori made a beautiful Hawaiian Cauliflower Crust Pizza.
- 2 cups shredded fresh cauliflower (about ½ large head of cauliflower)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove leaves & stems from cauliflower.
- Shred cauliflower using a cheese grater (2 cups).
- Place cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl & microwave for 8 minutes.
- Mix microwaved cauliflower with remaining crust ingredients (egg, cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning).
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pizza pan or cast iron skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spray top of crust with cooking spray.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and change oven setting to "broil" while you prepare the toppings.
- Spread desired amount of pizza sauce over the crust & sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sauce.
- Spread your desired toppings over the pizza.
- Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is bubbly & hot.