I absolutely love anything and everything caprese. These easy Caprese Bites are not only healthy, they’re insanely delicious and are going to be a total hit at your next gathering!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Seriously… just 4 simple ingredients are all you need: Grape (or cherry) tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, fresh mozzarella cheese and balsamic vinegar for the balsamic reduction. Oh, and toothpicks.
With it being the new year and football season, I know there’s a lot of y’all that are trying to eat healthy for those new years resolutions… THIS is your healthy appetizer!
It feels soooo good to eat healthy! These can be made a day ahead of time and refrigerated, but the basil might be a little wilted the next day. I don’t care for wilted basil (some people are okay with it) so I’ve been munching on these all day.
Some of the best things in life are the simplest!
- 1 pint grape (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves (about 20-25 leaves)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Count your tomatoes (I had 23 in my pint). Slice your fresh mozzarella into the number of tomatoes you have, trying to slice them into about the size of the tomatoes.
- Using toothpicks, layer cheese slices, basil and tomatoes and place on a plate.
- Prepare the balsamic reduction by placing the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until desired consistency is met and reduced by about half. Drizzle over caprese bites when ready to serve.