It has been a LONG. COLD. WINTER. So I’m trying to jump start warm weather off early with these Blueberry Margaritas… who’s with me?!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Honestly, I must admit that I’ve been in a little slump today and I think it has to do with the cold dreary weather… it’s like we get a tease of 70 degree weather here on the coast of NC yesterday, and then I wake up this morning to 40 degree weather.
What’s up with that???
Mother Nature, you need some serious help.
I had planned to make blueberry scones today, but decided to liven things up with these margaritas for some cheer! I just wasn’t feeling like a domestic baking goddess today. We all have those days, right?
Besides, it’s Thursday and I had tequila left over from last Thursday’s Creamsicle Margaritas.
If you’re a blueberry lover like me, you’re gonna absolutely LOVE the sweet blueberry flavor along with tart lime and tequila in these margaritas. I made an easy blueberry simple syrup for this margarita that you can make ahead of time and store for when you’re ready to mix these up.
CHEERS and happy mixin’! xoxo
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 part blueberry simple syrup
- 1 part tequila
- 1 part margarita mix
- ½ part triple sec
- Splash lime juice
- Granulated sugar and kosher salt, for rimming glasses
- Optional: Fresh blueberries and lime slices for garnish
- Place blueberries, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain through a cheesecloth or fine sieve and allow to cool.
- Rim glasses with a mixture of ½ granulated sugar and ½ salt.
- Mix blueberry simple syrup, tequila, margarita mix, triple sec and lime juice and pour in a glass over ice that has been rimmed with salt and sugar mixture. Garnish with lime and blueberries, if desired.