I’ve discovered my new favorite way to enjoy fresh tomatoes with this super-easy recipe for Baked Parmesan Tomatoes!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I can’t begin to tell you enough how delicious these are. Oh, and they’re ready in just 20 minutes from start to finish! Pair these tomatoes with a leafy green garden salad and crusty french bread for the ultimate light summer meal!
My boyfriend and I were visiting with his dad and step mom out of town this weekend. When we went into the kitchen to eat lunch, I saw these vibrant beautiful tomatoes on the counter. I asked if I could slice one up and eat it with my meal… I LOVE tomatoes, especially during the summertime!
On the way home while browsing recipes on my phone (I wasn’t driving, of course!) I stumbled across a recipe similar to this and it looked so good I knew I had to try it (recipe credit on recipe card below). I put my own little spin on the recipe and it was amazing to say the least!
If you’re a tomato and cheese lover like me, these are a MUST MAKE! Enjoy!Print
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes cut side up on a ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle tops of tomatoes evenly with cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Drizzle evenly with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender and cheese is lightly golden in color. Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil and serve immediately.
Adapted from Jo Cooks