A weeknight staple of chicken along with a few Asian ingredients come together in these insanely delicious Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
These are a lower carb meal option and so easy to make! The most difficult part of this recipe is the prep work — measuring out the ingredients and chopping and slicing (took me about 10 minutes).
These chicken lettuce wraps are also great for a make-ahead meal… the chicken mixture can be stored and refrigerated to reheat and place on the lettuce leaves later. Doesn’t get much easier than that!
These make a great lunch at work, weeknight or weekend meal and they’re also very inexpensive — a lot less expensive than takeout!
This is one of my new favorite ways to prepare ground chicken… what’s your favorite way?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about half of a medium size yellow onion)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained then diced
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly (white and green parts)
- Butter lettuce leaves
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and yellow onion and cook until chicken is browned (about 4-5 minutes). Break chicken up with a spoon or spatula while cooking, stirring frequently. Drain in a colander and return to skillet.
- Add garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and sriracha and stir well to evenly coat chicken.
- Add water chestnuts and green onion. Cook an additional 2 minutes, or until green onions are tender, stirring frequently.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds.