I have to admit… as much as I love comfort food and sweets, I have NEVER eaten these incredibly delicious Oatmeal Lace Cookies until now!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Until now. Why did I wait so long???
The reason “lace” in the name of this cookie is because they bake up so thin with tiny air holes and pockets that really resemble “lace”. They’re crunchy, crispy and chewy at the same time, with a toffee flavor.
I’m a new fan.
I used rounded teaspoons of cookie dough placed on a 15 x 10 baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
The cookie dough spreads out a LOT, so it’s important to place your teaspoons-full of dough about 3 inches apart on the baking sheet. I baked 8 cookies at a time on a 15 x 10 baking sheet. This recipe also yields a LOT of cookies (approximately 80), but can easily be halved.
The original recipe that I was given stated to bake them for 12 minutes, but honestly… I kept burning them. I found that using a rounded teaspoon full of batter and baking them for 7 minutes exactly at 350 degrees F yielded the perfect, golden brown cookies. Happy Baking! 🙂
Be sure to follow me on social media so you’ll never miss a recipe!
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add oats and chopped pecans and stir well to incorporate into flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter and sugars until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture and stir well with a large spoon to combine.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoon fulls 3 inches apart onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 7 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.