It’s no secret: I. LOVE. PIZZA. This Chicken Pesto Pizza is not only easy, it’s amazingly delicious!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
This easy recipe for Chicken Pesto Pizza was inspired by my love for Chicken Pesto Sandwiches. I used a refrigerated crust because I was in a hurry, like most of you probably are too. You can use prepared pesto in a jar or make your own with this easy recipe for homemade basil pesto.
While recently browsing Pinterest, I came across a pin that is going to make my life a whole lot easier. I didn’t realize that you could easily shred chicken by using your KitchenAid mixer with the paddle attachment! It literally took SECONDS for restaurant-style shredded chicken. I got the idea from Gwen at Simple Healthy Family. Gwen says to always use warm chicken breasts because using colder, harder chicken might damage your mixer… makes sense!
This pizza recipe is quick, simple and healthy… not to mention it tastes pretty darn awesome too! It’s also a great way to recycle leftover chicken. Just in time for back-to-school dinner ideas!
Disclosure: I received compensation for this blog post. All opinions shared are my own.
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 1-1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray pan with cooking spray. Unroll dough onto pan and press from center to form dough to pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and spread pesto sauce over crust. Top with cheese, cooked chicken, tomatoes and basil.
- Bake for an additional 5-6 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.