I won a beautiful hanging basket on Facebook from Garner’s Landscaping & Plant Stand…I was so stoked! I literally can’t remember the last time I won something. So I headed down to my local farmer’s market to claim my prize. While I was there, there were some fresh local blueberries calling my name. So you know what I did .
Visiting a farmer’s market is so much fun & you know your neighbors’ hands have harvested the crops.
What you’ll need for this cocktail is white rum, fresh blueberries, fresh mint, lime juice, club soda & sugar. I forgot to place the sugar in the photo as an ingredient, but you get the gist!
Although I really do enjoy learning to photograph food & drinks, cocktails are the most difficult for me…imagine…hot evening, sunshine, porch…then there’s that cocktail right in front of your face. I guess I could drink one while I’m photographing, but it would probably be blurred.
Support your local economy & purchase your blueberries local if you can…and make them into something marvelous! Cheers!
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar & additional sugar for rimming glass
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 mint sprigs, torn
- Club soda
- Optional: additional mint sprigs for garnish
- 1.5 ounces white rum
- Rub lime wedge over rim of glass; dip in sugar to coat.
- Place blueberries, sugar, lime juice & torn mint sprigs in a cocktail shaker. Using a muddler, muddle gently.
- Add white rum & ice. Shake. Pour into glass & top with club soda.
- Optional: garnish with mint sprig & lime wedge.