Easter & Spring are upon us & I have just had carrots on my brain for some reason. I recently made these carrot muffins with pineapple & walnuts……muffins with fruit, veggies & nuts! How much healthier can it get?
My Mom said these muffins were the best muffins she’s ever had & she wants them for her birthday. I guess I could give her a basket full of muffins & put a candle in one!
Start with whisking flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt in a large bowl & set aside.
Spoon batter into muffin tins. I sprayed my muffin tins with cooking spray, BUT I would suggest using those handy little muffin-cup liners. Mine were a little difficult getting out of the pan. Blonde moment. Should have used the muffin liners.
Bake @ 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until golden brown & toothpick inserted in center is removed clean.
I should call these “love” muffins they were so good!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- (1) 8 ounce can crushed pineapple; drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place muffin liners in muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt; set aside.
- Using another bowl, beat the eggs, then add the shredded carrots, oil, pineapple and walnuts.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin liners, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center is removed clean.
Adapted from Taste of Home