One of my favorite desserts is cheesecake, strawberries are one of my favorite fruits, and margaritas are my favorite cocktail! So this little finger food cheesecake appetizer was calling me today!
Bake for about another 10 minutes, & top with sliced strawberries marinated in lime juice and sugar. You can even add a little tequila to the strawberries for an awesome adult treat Here’s the printable recipe for these luscious little cheesecake appetizers:
- Approximately 3 large handfuls of pretzel sticks
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 8 oz tubs of cream cheese spread, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- Optional: 1 tbsp tequila
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place mini paper baking cups into mini muffin tin.
- Place pretzel sticks into plastic storage bag and seal bag. Roll with a rolling pin until crumbs are formed; you'll need 1 cup of pretzel crumbs
- Mix pretzel crumbs with melted butter and sugar.
- Press approximately 1.5 tsp of pretzel mixture into each baking cup onto bottoms and sides.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, flour, lime zest and vanilla, mix well.
- Add egg last, beat until just combined.
- Place about 1/2 of a heaping teaspoon of cheesecake mixture into baking cups.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set.
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove cheesecakes from paper baking cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, mix sliced strawberries with sugar and lime juice (and tequila if desired).
- Place 1 sliced strawberry on each cheesecake.
- Optional: sprinkle with additional lime zest.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Gardens